Roasted pepper soup -- Soupe Catalane aux poivrons


Sitting in the dentist's office--the dentists who inspired Jane Smiley's novella Age of Grief, about a husband-wife dentist practice--I found a recipe that I dictated into my phone while sitting in the waiting room. And it is really 1 minute.

Roasted pepper soup shots
one 16 ounce jar fire roasted red peppers with your juices.
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar.
1 fourth cup olive oil.
Salt and pepper.
Blend and serve in shot glasses.
Bon Appetite October 2012 page 104

I wondered if there is anything like this in Julia or de Pomaine. Turned out
there is: MAFC II p. 21, Soup Catalane aux poivrons, which I adapted and served last week to Rich and Julie.

Serves four as a first course

1 large garlic clove
one16 ounce jar fire roasted red peppers with their juices
1/4 cup cocktail onions
2 tablespoons sherry
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cooked rice, preferably brown basmati
Salt and pepper
  1. Peel the garlic and chop it in a food processor. 
  2. Add everything but the rice and blend until smooth.
  3. Pour into a small sauce pan, add the rice, and heat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praline Bacon post at Nola Cuisine

Goodbye, the end

Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cranberries and Sunflower Seeds