It was a very fun class tonight. It is mixed group of people and half of the company team building. I love at to see how people had a good time in my class with the food that we made and the meeting people from all over.
I have been making this salad for years and it's my go to salad to bring to cookouts. Everyone loves it and if by chance there is any leftover, it's good the next day. There are a lot of different recipes out there for this salad and I've settled on this one because it's not overdressed and is a perfect balance of crunchy, sweet and salty. Ingredients: 2-3 broccoli crowns (about 6 cups), cut into small florets 10 bacon slices, crisp-cooked and crumbled 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced 1/4 cup sunflower seeds 1/3 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup mayonnaise 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar 3 teaspoons sugar salt and pepper to taste Directions: 1. Combine broccoli, bacon, onion, sunflower seeds and cranberries in a large bowl. 2. In a small bowl whisk mayo, vinegar sugar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. 3. Cover and refrigerate (at least an hour) until ready to serve.
Now it's here, the end, I find myself uncharacteristically unable to think of anything profound to say. I'm sure there's so much I've forgotten to tell you. The "drafts" folder of this blog is full of half-written posts, that stop in mid-air, trying to say something. But the thought was too vague, or I was too tired, demented, angry, self-pitying, or just busy, to finish it. Some of you understand why this blog has to stop and others don't. The best way I can put it is that if I carry on, I will feel like I am betraying something. Let me explain. Life with a two year old and a four year old is still demanding, but I can't deny that it's easier. At times it's even nice in the way that life with two under-threes, or a new baby, or being pregnant or whatever just isn't ever. Well not for me anyway. I was always having a good time despite something and I would briefly think "Look! Look it's not relentlessly crap!". Whereas now ...
Kneeding bread is a good exercise. No kneed bread is fine but a little kneeding makes better bread. IMPORTANT INFO: Using antibacterial spray on your work surfaces prior to kneeding bread will kill the yeast. It makes no difference if it's bakers yeast or sourdough. Those of you who have been following this blog over the years will know that I have been dabbling with sourdough for quite some time. I've had lots of failures as using sourdough is not as straightforward as using yeast. Now we need a drum roll as I believe that I have it sussed. The result is a light soft bread with a crunchy crust that is all too good to eat. I just wish that I could share it with you all. I actually cooked this bread in a cast iron pan as this helps to steam the outside of the loaf and create this crust. Now, it takes time to make sourdough bread but it doesn't take much effort. A little weighing and mixing and leaving is all you have to know. It's the way that you do theses things that ...
Comments
Post a Comment